MISSION AND VISION OF THE CLUB
Goddosky Football Club has emphasized through the Club’s Mission and Vision
its desire and commitment to develop home-grown, local football players. Goddosky Football Club’s mission & vision will play a significant role in the Football Club achieving this long-term goal.
Goddosky Football Club strives to establish itself as the best category Club in Nigeria for player productivity with a reputation for excellent holistic care of both players and staff.
Goddosky Football Club will identify, recruit and develop the best local players throughout the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development Phases with the aim of producing First Team footballers for the Football Club.
Goddosky Football Club will create an environment and culture which will challenge, inspire and encourage the ambitions of the aspiring young footballers, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Goddosky Football Club will provide its players and staff with a range of experience and skills required to succeed both in and out of the football industry Goddosky Football Club will provide all those connected to the Club with a positive life experience.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT CULTURE
Identity and Values of Goddosky Football Club
Goddosky Football Club aims to provide quality coaching and education support services in order to provide an excellent all round experience throughout the time in the Club. Goddosky Football Club mirrors the Club’s culture and identity and expects its players and staff to reflect those core values at all times. The core values of Goddosky Football Club are: Hard work, Honesty, Integrity and loyalty.
The staff and players are expected to strive to achieve excellence, whilst displaying high levels of patience and perseverance. Every member of staff at the club will aim to achieve success, both on and off the pitch through a commitment to excellence and a desire to improve. This is supported by the Club’s motto which is DEVELOPING PLAYERS BY INVESTING IN THE INDIVIDUAL
Goddosky FC Football Academy was conceived in 2009 in Nnewi Anambra State Nigeria by Chief Godwin Eloka Agbasimelo as the President/CEO. At inception of the Academy it had 40 footballers who had great passion and zeal for the game of Football (Soccer). The objective of the Academy at inception was to offer professional football sessions and develop the technical abilities of young players which will eventually lead to a successful football career. In line with the objectives of the Academy it achieved the under listed goals which include:
- Developed and improved the technical abilities of young players
- Encouraged members of the Academy to lead a healthy lifestyle
- Offered professional football training sessions, at the same time creating an experience which members of the Academy enjoyed
- Taught the values of practice, punctuality, good communication, manners, hard work, team work and set goals for the future
- The Academy trained and prepared these footballers for excellence in the game.
Chief Godwin Agbasimelo who hails from Ezinifite, Nnewi, Anambra State while growing up had dreams and passion of taking the game of football to greater height. Chief Godwin Agbasimelo admired football legends like PELE and other Brazilian Football heroes. He visited Brazil on several occasions and interacted with a lot of Football stars. He also discussed his dreams and aspirations for the Academy.
In July 2018 the academy was elevated to a football club by the sole and singular effort of Chief Godwin Agbasimelo the President/CEO thus creating GODDOSKY FOOTBALL CLUB.
The Aims and objectives of Goddosky Football Club include:
- To promote Football on national as well international level
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Football
- To Manage training sessions with sufficient coaches and officials
- To promote the personal development for all members, participants, volunteers and officials in relation with the Football Club
- To provide routes to opportunities to enhance and increase individual skills
- To provide and ensure all its services in a way that is legal and fair to all members, volunteers
- To carry out and promote both environmental improvement and practical conservation
- To educate, encourage and support the local communities in environmental practice
As part of Goddosky Football Club’s Long-Term Vision the Club aims at
- Producing Footballers who make first team debuts
- Producing Footballers who sign professional contracts each season
- Producing Footballers who are called to the National Team on a regular basis
- Producing Footballers who will play international leagues